IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, January 14, 2011

Typical!

Very typical! I just received a call about the rental assistance application, that I submitted over a month ago. This assistance was to help pay our security deposit and first months rent, they call it a rapid rehousing program. We had submitted it while we were still homeless and now that we are not homeless they are not sure if we qualified. We would have absolutely qualified if they had seen to our application over 3 weeks ago! This is the very sort of thing that frustrates me to no end! I fill out the forms, turn them in as I am supposed to and make all the follow up calls that are required and because they were busy with their holidays and such, our form wasn't looked at. Now we may not meet the criteria, because we were too impatient to get into a place and are no longer homeless??!! You have to be kidding! So as usual this guy will talk to his supervisor, they will think about it for a long time and might and I mean might call me back! So that leaves us in the exact position that we are in now...waiting! These agencies that are funded by any sort of Goverment, local or federal are absolutely ridiculous! And that isn't a Goverment slam, this is...the Goverment has made it virtualy impossible for honest individuals to recieve the help that they are entitiled too. I mean, come on! I have worked for over 27 years and Shawn at least that many, we have paid our taxes and now we just get a swift kick in the rear when we need hlp! I will not get on that soap box! It makes my head spin! Good Grief!

No comments:

Post a Comment