IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Secret to a Happy Life

A little cloudy this morning, however the temperature is still comfortable! I wish I could tell you  about all the plans I have for today, well I could...NONE!
So this morning I will look to my Bible for what it says about "doing nothing". It brings me to Deuteronomy
In my Bible I have pages for daily reflection, so before I quote the scripture,allow me to tell you a little of what  the daily reflection says;
"Have you found yourself asking,"Lord don't you care?" Do your personal priorities threaten to take over what is better?  When it is clear your husband has left you to do all the work, how do you respond? Our natural inclination when we are under pressure is to compete, to compare, to blame, to criticize, to demand or to interrupt-and our husband/families often find themselves in the direct line of fire. Our hearts are distracted and weighed down by many worthwhile things-concerns about family and friends, daily work responsibilities, church-related duties, financial needs-as well as by our own judgements and self talk. Looking to our Lord's peace and inviting Him His love to reign in our hearts relieves hurt, eases weariness and sets our feet back on solid ground. This is not an easy task by any means; when fatigue sets in, harsh words erect barriers and tension mounts. Yielding our hearts and mind to the Holy Spirit's direction transform our whole outlook. The more we pay attention to our Shepherd's gentle reproof and trustworthy guidance, the less we find ourselves worrying about the things that don't matter...Taking time to slow down long enough to talk to God and delight in the joy of his sweet presence, can quiet our hearts and minds like nothing else. This is where we find the hidden strength that can never be taken away from us"
Deuteronomy 6:5 You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul and all your strength.
After having read this and then typing parts of it out, I ponder the thought that this time of doing nothing might be our time to heal. We have been through so much, the idea to get right back on our feet, getting back into work and a regular house routine, may not have been the best plans. Maybe God's plan is just this, to have us sit quiet, yielding our hearts and minds to Him, and when it is time for us to get back to work and settle into a regular routine, our outlooks will have been transformed!? This isn't a time for us to be angry that we have nothing to do, we should be grateful and use the time to build one another up and ourselves. As it says about erecting barriers and mounting tension, during this down time, we should work on tearing down any barriers any of us have built and easing the tension in the house.
( I have used the title of the daily reflection, I read from, as the title of my blog!, Not to be accused that I know the secret to a happy life! Though I have some ideas!)

No comments:

Post a Comment