IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, January 13, 2011

Needing Attitude Adjustments

I imagine that all of you that were blasted by that snow storm up North are finishing up the digging out and cleaning up! I do not envy you! Take solace in knowing that we are having frigid temperatures here, last night was below 20. I realize that isn't much in comparison, but I don't want you to think we are basking in the sun here! Even if it were warm I do not suspect we would be doing much basking anyhow! Today we are calmer and quieter. I think every time we take a hit like yesterday it saps us a little of our optimism. We all become a little more reflective and brooding. I do not have any idea what will happen over the next several days. We will take everyday as it comes, considering the worse and praying for the best! My worries are always compounded by the girls and how they are coping. Kate Lynn has filled out a lot of job applications and has looked into a few colleges. She however is struggling with anger, impatience and clingyness. She needs to spread her wings and do her own thing, but I think her worry for us is keeping her glued to us! Even when she was little she was stuck to me, I thought as she grew older she would out grow it! Last night at church she followed me into my Bible study group and insisted on staying. She is too nervous to strike out on her own. The Pastor and another church lady literally coaxed and walked her down the hall to the study geared toward young adults. And wouldn't you know, I think she made a friend! Kelly has been isolating in her room more and more, she is arguing with all of friends in New Hampshire, listening to crappy music, she has even chosen Anxiety disorder as  subject matter for a class project and to top it off last night she was begging me to allow her to have snake bite and bull hoop piercings! I imagine this behavior to be expected during situations like this! I am praying it will all change when the situation changes!  I suppose we will all need attitude adjustments when this is all said and done!

No comments:

Post a Comment