IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Saturday, January 8, 2011

A bit of Good Sense

James 2; 14-17
"What good is it, dear brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith, but don't show it by your actions? Can that kind of faith save anyone? Suppose you see a brother or sister who has no food or clothing, and you say "Good-bye and have a good day, stay warm and eat well"-but then you don't give that person any food or clothing, What good does that do?
So you see,faith by itself isn't enough.Unless it produces good deeds, it is dead and useless.

My sister and I were having a conversation earlier today about the situation that we are in. She among a few others have been enormously helpful, and been so with sincerity! The discussion we were having revolved around some recent conversations that I have had with others. There is no lying that we are in a difficult situation! And I enjoy talking with all of my family and friends, it often lifts my mood and even has helped me to refocus. Other times it is hurtful and frustrating! If you have a lot of good things happening in your life, I am very happy for you! I pray that God blesses all of our family and friends. I have never asked that after he has blesses you that you call me up and tell me of your good fortune! At least while we are struggling so! Nothing is quite as hurtful as when someone says "I am praying for you and wish I could help more" and then go on a litany of things they have just gone and done or gone and bought! It is ex specially more difficult when it is family. Family are those who we entrust more with and hope to more understanding and consideration! I truly only wish and pray for good things for all of you! Please, be advised though that while we are struggling, not only will it be more difficult for us to appreciate your good fortune, that it may be hurtful to hear it. I assure you this is not about jealousy, I am not jealous of anyone. This is more about good sense. Let me put it more simply:If you have nothing to eat, do you want to hear about someone going out to dinner? If you had no heat, would you want to hear about how someone just installed a new heater? If your phone was shut off and that was your life line to future employers, do you want to hear about the newest phone someone just bought?  I am just as guilty of it as anyone, just asking that before you start telling someone something, ask yourself :is this the time and how will that person feel after I shared this! Thank You Jen, for sharing this verse with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment