IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Monday, January 17, 2011

The best 30 Cents, Ever!

Man, I need a job!! I am going absolutely stir crazy! I have filled out so many applications, I can not believe I have not received even ONE call back! There is only so much cleaning to be done, books to be reread, word searches you can do and walks you can take! And now not having gas in the truck, we are really grounded! I am not good for sitting around! Shawn was out helping his friend with their truck until after 3pm. Glad one of us had something to do! All though when he got home he grinned and told me we would finally hang the border in our room! We had bought this border near the very first week we moved in here, Shawn wanted me to wait to hang it.Until he could do some wall repairs. We found the border at one of the local thrift stores. Montgomery has a ton of thrift stores, Good Will, Salvation Army and these fantastic flea market stores! I know it sounds foolish to buy wall borders when nothing else has been done on the house. But at a dime each and the design was one I fell in love with, Shawn couldn't begrudge me 30 cents! And trust me, I can design a room around a border. Now that it is up and it took less than hour, I am anxious to get busy with the rest of the house! Again, Just paint! The border looks beautiful, by the way!! Best 30 cents spent!
After dinner the girls and I enjoyed a quiet game of Rummy. Tonight everyone is much calmer! Now I am back to rereading another book! The only thing worse than rereading a book is watching the same movie over and over again! Cable is not on the top of our to do list yet! When our finances are figured out and our debts settled, we will look into it! Sometimes on the computer we are able to pull up some rerun shows that we like. Often though we lose signal and we end up shutting it down in the middle of something! To be truthful here, we are picking up a neighbors wireless Internet signal and that is why we have the computer online! I won't sugar coat it, we shouldn't be doing it. We didn't deliberately hack into their system, when we turned our computer on it picked up their signal and we were connected!I use the computer to fill out job applications online, if that makes it any better??
I also want to tell all my family and freinds in  New England to stay safe and keep warm! Looks like they are bracing for some pretty nasty winter weather! Including another 6 inches or so of snow! Please, nobody tell them it is in the low 60's here the past and next few days and despite a sprinkle or two, it has been very nice! I made the mistake in mentioning on Face book I wished that I could rake my front lawn, and was met by a huge out cry by fellow New Englanders!

No comments:

Post a Comment