IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, January 27, 2011

Another Family in Need

To start out: Proverbs 10:12 Guard your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life.
Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

This evening I received a call from Beth, from Family Promise. She and her agency were of the most help when we were homeless, putting us up in a hotel when we couldn't find shelter. She was just calling to check in and see how things are going. Even if things aren't going well, after talking with her my day is better! She is such a positive and encouraging women! She stopped by for just a few minutes to bring us a few goodies and to see where it is we are living. She was on her way to the hospital to see someone. Which brings me to what I wanted to share! So often we become consumed by our own situation we forget there are others in even more difficult situations. Please, be in prayer there is a woman in Montgomery, she just had a baby last night and she has additional kids, they are homeless. Beth and her agency are trying to help this family out. I know how difficult it was with older kids being homeless, even when we were homeless the other times the girls were not babies. I can not imagine the struggle of having a new born, young kids and no home! I do not know much more than that about the family, good thing God does, so we don't need the specifics!
Not a bad day over all! Sometimes I need to spend a little quiet time in the evening reflecting, pondering, praying and reading God's word to remind me of what is most important, what I need to worry about and what I don't!  Hebrews 13:6 So we can say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment