IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, January 13, 2011

A shot in the Dark!

OK I lied, well not really, that would be overstated! I did/do not think I am eligible for unemployment benefits. But to say  that I have looked into every option, I went online and applied. What is the worse that will happen? I will be denied, that would not truly be that big a surprise,  as I said I am not sure I am even eligible. Of course if for some odd reason I am accepted, I expect my benefits to be quite low. My last job in New Hampshire was just part time and though the pay rate was decent, it would not qualify me for anything substantial for benefits! But what the hay! In just a short while I will be calling the Social Security office to follow up with our discussion yesterday an to see if they have been able to clear some things up. This is a conversation I look forward to with an incredible amount of anxiety! In actuality they are supposed to call me today, having been told that and them following up on it are 2 different things entirely! I have learned this much about some of these agencies, if you do not make the initiative to stay on top of them, they may never call you back! For instance, the United Way was the agency that we applied for rental assistance for over 4 weeks ago, we have gone to their office on at least 3 different occasions and followed up on the proper forms twice, they have NEVER called us back. Even when we met someone in person, who claimed he was appalled no had called us and assured us he would personally see to it we would hear from someone by the end of the week, they never called! We have found that this is many agencies form of "silent denial"! I actually find it disrespectful, almost like the message I am receiving is that I am not worth their time wasted on a phone call. At this point I might actually appreciate a call from some one honestly saying "nope, you don't qualify, what were you thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment