IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's All Good !

Definitely NOT  in New Hampshire anymore! It was near 70 degrees today with down pours, thunderstorms and...tornado watches!! A whole lot different than any January I am used too! A little strange to be able to sit on the porch wearing a T-shirt and no shoes! I could get used to this! I pulled out my printer, one of the few items we hung onto, and printed some of my favorite photos. These are pictures I took all over New Hampshire. I figured I could mat and frame them, then hang them all over the house. I confess, I borrowed a few photos my last boss took on her trip to Italy! I made her a photo disc and still have her pics. on my PC. Now I will have custom framed pictures that will only cost the price of frame and mat. And how many folks down here have a photo of Mount Washington hanging in their house? And I don't mean those mass produced kind either! We are all finding a bit of a routine for ourselves! While I printed the pictures, Shawn made some repairs to some of the doors. Unless I was calling him to look at a picture and tell me if he liked it or not! Why I do not know! He would glance at it and say "whatever you think!", jeez you would think he was a guy! Kate Lynn has been reading and Kelly has been glued to her PC and cell phone! She is really missing Cody and dreading starting school on Tuesday!
On another note, a couple posts ago I had mentioned that things were still pretty tight for us. And to show God works in mysterious ways; we had put some feelers out, letting people know we had a theater system for sale ( I know we held onto some strange things! But they have proven quite useful!). We had received a call that there was a couple that was interested in it. They called and we discussed the system and the price. When they asked why we wanted to sell it, we told them. We have found just being upfront with our situation is much easier. Long story short, they decided that they did not want the system, however felt moved to help us out. Today they showed up with 2 boxes of dried and canned goods, as well as a small bit of cash to help us out some more. We took the money and went to the Dollar Tree and bought a couple pans to be able to cook in the oven and some additional canned and boxed food. We were also able to buy some milk and eggs. Trust me, we will eat well now! Having all ready cut a lot of meat out of our diet, dried beans and soups, served with from scratch biscuits makes a great and filling meal! I hear the die hard meat and potato eaters groaning!
We are still hanging onto our faith! God has not let us down thus far! Maybe we don't always agree with his timing or with he has planned for us, but who are we to argue with God? I suspect that would only cause us greater issues! And he is way bigger and far more powerful than we are!
As soon as I can get my camera out of pawn! I will take some pictures of our new place! You have followed along so patiently and prayerfuly, I think you deserve to see where we are at! The house will never make it on Better Homes and Gardens, but it will work just fine! If anything at the end of the lease, we ask the landlord to show us other properties he has, maybe some that we can be sure that we won't fall through the floor! You have to have the right sense of humor for this place! IE; There was a crooked man, who lived in a crooked house, on a crooked hill. We don't have the hill, we do have a huge yard to BBQ in the summer!
It's all Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment