IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Saturday, January 15, 2011

This is God's Honor for Us!

I am enjoying the sound of the washing machine after a good night sleep induced by a nice, warm shower! Water, wonderful water! I slept very well last night, the weight of some of my worry lifted! Having gone many days with out water was far harder than I expected. In New Hampshire during a bad storm you may lose your water if your well pump is electric and the power goes out, but you know it may only be a few days at the most. You also know that all your neighbors are having the same issue and no one is worried about laundry. This feeling was a little different, it was a more long term concern. If the agency yesterday hadn't helped, it could have been another two weeks before we may have been able to do it  on our own. That would have meant we would have gone without water for approximately 22 days! Trust me the 8 or 9 days was hard enough! This is just one of those things we take for granted! I will try not to again! That is something I have definitely learned with all we have been through, what NOT to take for granted! We are creatures of comfort, strip it all away and we find our selves pretty lost. I hope that I carry with me all of my life the appreciation for whatever it is I have and the knowledge that there are too  many people without far more!
James 1:2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  3 For you know when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing    9 Believers who are poor have something to boast about for God has honored them.  12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love them.
Believe me or not, when I am looking for reassurance from God I just pick up the Bible and ask Him to show me what I need to read. I am never disappointed, sometimes I might be puzzled, but never disappointed. When I set out writing this blog, my intentions were not to come across "preachy", I am writing about my experiences, how I cope (or don't) and where my faith comes from. I also hope that I might be an inspiration to at least one person, that in my struggle my faith will be a light and they will find their faith to carry them through their own trials!

No comments:

Post a Comment