IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Peanut Butter and Faith

You know you have an exciting life when you find much joy in cleaning the house! Always love waking up to the house being spotless!Tomorrow morning I am going to use a small portion of the several, HUGE jars of peanut butter we have to make some cookies! Shawn's favorite! We have three jars that are the largest you can buy at the store and 2 regular size. We have chunky, smooth and low fat! Every time we received any help from an agency they gave us a jar of peanut butter and a jar of Jelly. We also have 3 jars of grape jelly, yes they too are HUGE! We could easily make enough peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to feed all our friends and family! We have eaten it as sandwiches, on crackers, Kelly's favorite..right off the spoon and now cookies! No jelly for the cookies, yuck! Hmm, will think on that! Any one else have any ideas for peanut butter, please email me! And just in case you are wondering, no, peanut butter eaten from a spoon is not a cure for hiccups! It does work well to administer medication to pets though! You tuck the pill in the peanut butter and most pets will eat it right off the spoon! Yep, I am just a fountain of useless knowledge!
Sometimes the ideas just flow when I sit down to write my posting, other times I just start typing and let my mind wander! I apologize! There is often a lot I want to say, but I end up tripping over my own thoughts and I end up with a modge podge of things! I started this blog over a month so that you can follow our journey of starting over. You have read about our tests and trials, our ups and our downs, you have seen when we have reached our wits ends and I hope you have seen when we have reached up and grabbed the hand of God while he pilled us through! This continues to be a testament of our faith! Tonight Kelly asked me if she could have a friend over for dinner, she had met this young man at school and he befreinded her pretty quickly. (They are just friends!) He has a pretty tough go of it, he is not able to live with his mom or dad, not sure the story there. He is a year or so younger than Kelly and more often than not he is staying at one place or another for short periods of time. It was very clear to us, he has very few options and much hardships in his life. He is just looking for good people to treat him right. He was very greatful to be able to join us for dinner, he had never eaten zucchini before but tried it any ways!. He even offered to wash dishes after dinner! He was a very polite and respectful young man. You should have heard his robust "Amen" after grace was said before dinner! The reason I share this story, both girls are aware of the situation we are in. They completly understand how we are stretching things, even more so they know we will never turn someone away if they are hungry. Kelly is often the one in our house that finds the kids in the most need at school, with out question they will be invited home for dinner! While I was washing the dishes, I couldn't help but think even when I worry that maybe I am causing those emotional scars mom's worry about giving to their kids, my girls understand stepping out on faith way better than I ever could have at their age! And Kelly bringing someone home to share a meal and some family style fun, leaving it to God to guide me in figuring out how to make it happen, shows me her faith! She saw this boys need was greater than our own! What she and this young man were unaware of, we have a place setting for four! Shawn being the greatest dad there could be, told kelly he was not feeling well and would eat later. That way there was enough plates and silverware to go around. When I finished my diner, I gave Shawn my plate and silverware!Through our individual faith, we support and lift up one another!

No comments:

Post a Comment