IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Monday, January 31, 2011

The Lord is my Strength and Shield

Before I write anything here from the word of God, I ask God to show me what he wants me to share. I can not ever just read the bible, I have to ask God for his direction. I always, and I mean always, am taken back when he reveals the scripture for me to read. Sometimes I need to read it a couple times and pray about it. God always shows me the scripture I need for whatever my situation. Tonight my anxiety is a little high! I did not sleep too well last night and there are so many things that are supposed to fall into place this week. All things that can create higher anxiety for me! Also, just being confined at home with little to do will raise my anxiety! For any one who has never struggled with anxiety! Well first, thank God! And know that anxiety is different from worry, it is more like worry personified times 10! It is often irrational and can creep up when you least expect it! I believe the many trials I have had in my life, the line of work I chose and various other factors are precipitators of my anxiety. I did not mean to bore you with all that, I digressed a little. Not by much! Tonight before opening my bible I asked God to show me what he wanted me to read and to share.
This is it: Joshua 1:9 This is my command-be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord your God is with you where ever you go.
Bet you can see now why I went on that little tangent about anxiety! And that is why I ask him to show me what it is he wants me to read! And if you think that is pretty cool; I have a devotional study bible for women (there are a ton of great study bibles for everyone!) Tonights verse and study discusses radical paths, extreme situations." The dilemma is extreme and the only solution is a radical one. You've thought it through and you've considered all the alternatives. Your throat is sore from praying and your eyes burn from weeping. You know it's right but you are scared." ( I paraphrased tonights devotional) We made the radical choice to move here by faith, the situation certianly was extreme. God reminds me that I do not need to be afraid or discouraged! So tonight I will sleep with a lighter heart! God is with us and his plan is perfect! This week things will work out in their own time and in their own way.
Psalm 28:6-7 Praise the Lord! For he has heard my cry for mercy. The Lord is my strength and shield. I trust him with all of my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment