IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, January 20, 2011

Finding Comfort

Good morning
2 Corinthians 3: All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.  4 He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When they are troubled we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 5 For the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.
Last night I went to bed admonishing myself before God. I realize that during our most difficult times, my faith often falters. I sometimes to forget to spend time in God's word and my prayers probably sound like that of a three year old having a temper tantrum! But when I look at our entire situation as a a whole, I realize that I have much to be thankful for! And if I could try harder to keep that in the fore front of my mind, maybe I could stop acting like a child and my faith would be even stronger! Last night I made a list of all the times God has comforted us through this trial! (He has done so many times through the love and kindness of others!) On the nights it looked certain we would sleep in the truck, we were provided a place to sleep, when we thought we would go hungry, food was given to us, when we thought we would have no water or heat, they too were provided. And the greatest is; when we thought we would have no place to call home, WE DO! I know that I am not perfect and I will falter many more times to come, thank God my God is a patient God!
 I am not sure what are our plans are today, I do know that we are all in better moods today! I think all the tension came to a head yesterday! We were able to talk about it and we have agreed that we all have to try harder to just love and support one another, even harder! We remind ourselves, that we are ALL going through this together. I think for each of us individually, our feelings  overwhelm us and we forget that there are 3 others feeling similar grief and anxiety! We continue to remind each other, that this trial will end! We will find ourselves feeling at home here in Montgomery and we will even be quite happy!
I hope that all of you who may having your own struggles will give it all to God, that you will feel him comforting you in your time of struggle!

No comments:

Post a Comment