IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Monday, January 3, 2011

Reminicing

While most of you are all snug in bed, I am still up messing around on the computer! We had a nice visit earlier from one of Shawn's friends. I sat listening to them reminiscing about their days goofing off as teenagers! My husband was one busy little bee! And certainly got into some interesting mischief! Think I am glad I met him when I did! Of course it had me thinking about my own teenage years. I started working when I was 13, had an actual stable job as a nursing assistant by the time I was 16 (worked in that line of work until I was approx. 24) I was married at 18 and had Kate Lynn at 19. To say I didn't have the "typical" teenage stories of partying with friends, homecoming dances and just hanging out with a group of friends, is probably an under statement! No complaints, it made me who I am, hard working and family focused! I guess I'm more reflective tonight because I am 45 minutes into my 39th birthday! 365 more days to cling dearly to my 30's! And man, I love my 30's. Not one to give a whole lot of thought into my birthday or age, for that matter, I am going to enjoy every much of this year as I can. And for everyone older reading this thinking "get over it"....jealous, LOL!? I should probably get to bed, I am going to need all the rest I can, tomorrow I will face all the old jokes from the girls they can dish out! Then I will remind them that people often ask if Kate Lynn and I are sisters, and actually mean it! Let them make fun, I will find a way to embarrass them at a later time!As for Shawn, let us see if he remembers! It will be NO surprise that he doesn't, until 1 of the girls remind him! It's OK if he doesn't! He isn't mean, just VERY forgetful! But you better believe I register the car, after fixing the registration a couple of times because Shawn tried to and then guessed when my birthday fell! Good thing I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment