IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, January 14, 2011

Morning Sun and Coffee

I realized waking up this morning that I had gone to bed last night without creating a post. I was caught up in a book last night,when I realized how sleepy I was. I actually slept fairly well last night,yay! Today is our fourth day without water! UGH! It has not been any fun, however I think we are muddling along OK! It is our hope and prayer that we will have the finances to have it turned back on early next week. Another day without a plan! Yesterday I had mentioned that I had filed for unemployment. They called me late that afternoon to tell me that I did not qualify for benefits in Alabama. I was not surprised, I had thought so all a long. It was worth trying just so that I could say, "yes, I have done every thing I could!". I think I will spend some more time on the career center link and see if there any new job postings. I have become quite adept at filling out employment applications! Then later on I think we will go for a walk, Shawn just came inside to tell me it was looking pretty nice out. It will most likely be the 4 of us walking later. Kelly stayed home today from school. I am allowing her this one day and we are going to spend the weekend talking.She is really struggling with everything!Shawn and I are trying to keep her going down the straight and narrow, being the new kid in school we think some of the kids may be targeting her for trouble. Kelly has always been in the middle of everything in school, but the school in New Hampshire is far different than the one here in Montgomery! And we just keep telling her over and over our priority is to keep her safe and though it is good to make friends, she needs to be very careful. It is a long story, but she has made friends with 1 kid in particular that has Shawn and I fit to be tied! We just hope she figures things out BEFORE there is any trouble! Right now I am going to soak up the sun coming in the window and enjoy my coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment