IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Biding Our Time

I spent the afternoon baking cookies! I had to alter the recipe a little bit. They came out good, but my family noticed I changed the recipes. No complaints just a lot of " we liked your old recipe best". Snicker doodles are usually made with cream of tartar. You can change it and use more baking powder if you do not have cream of tartar. I didn't, so I did! The taste was the same, the texture was just different enough to be noticed by my snicker doodle aficionados! Tonight for dinner I played around a bit with a chicken recipe for oven fried chicken! With that my family was greatly thrilled! It came out extra crispy outside and extremely moist inside, my families favorite! Besides some cooking, cleaning and borrowing a rake, there was very little else to do! I am looking forward to raking tomorrow! All this cooking today I need to do some exercising tomorrow! Tomorrow morning we have an appointment to go see about having our food stamps reinstated! Can you believe we have had NO income for months now and they shut off our food stamps! We have reapplied through Montgomery, hoping and praying that things will go well! It will be a huge help! I also applied for a Pharmacy Technician position at Jackson Hospital here in Montgomery. It would be so nice if I could get a job! I have skills and I have work experience!! You would think I would have a job by now!! The hospital is just about a 15 minute walk from our front door. So it would be quite convient!  I am getting to be a little pessamistic about the whole job search! I mean come on! I have seen 2 positions that I was most definately qualified for in the Mental Health field, I did not get them and I believe because no one wants to pay for experience! And because of the higher rate of pay up North I think employers down here are being even more hesitant. If they would call and talk to me they would find I am quite ready to work and will be quite agreeable to their rate of pay. I did not even recieve a call back for the Mortuary Transporter position. The rate of pay for that was starting at $8, it was really no different then being a bus driver (well, sort of!) and again, I think my experience blew my chances!  I am not expecting the same pay here as I recieved up in New England. Whenever I fill out an application I state I am flexible when asked what is my desired starting rate. When they further look at my past salaries I think it throws it all out the window. NOW, let me clearify, I was not making major bucks! The most I made at any job would be near $12 an hour. I would be thrilled if I could get a job that started at $8. I am not a snob! But I need to be given the opportunity to actually talk to someone and no one will even call me! UGH!! Anyways, that is my prayer, that someone at the hospital will see my application and call me before ruling me out! We still have not recieved anything further from disabilty. Just the letter stating Shawn was eligable for it. No letter stating for what he was eligable and for when he might be recieveing his first  check. We are far more optimistic than we have been. We realize that it is just a matter of time now. We need to be patient and bide our time! So biding we are! Tonights prayer will be foremost geared to seeing how the whole food stamps appointment goes tomorrow! We are still pretty stocked up in the house, however it would be nice to know that when things start to get low, we will not have to worry about how we will be shopping for food. I know we are not alone in financial struggles, so many other families are in the same or similiar situations.  My prayer is that they too may find the help that they need! It is too easy to become consumed and so self focused on our own issues. I struggle hard not to do that! God takes care of ALL of us! Not just me! And for that I am grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment