IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Saturday, February 5, 2011

Quiet Saturday!

It was a pretty quiet day! Our big excitement was running to purchase a rake handle and then to the Dollar store for cleaning supplies! One of our neighborhood kids asked if he could rake for a couple dollars and was doing such a fantastic and aggressive job the rake broke! We have gotten to know this young man, because Shawn saw him walking to school and now drives him in with Kelly. Good kid, he is a Senior and is in the Army Reserves. It seems he has a pretty tough situation. He lives with just his older brother and I think financially they may even be worse off than we are! I was just thrilled I won't be raking that huge back yard! He will be back tomorrow to complete the project, God bless him! We then spent the rest of the afternoon making sure the house was completely acceptable,as we were expecting company at 6pm. Literally 5 minutes before they were to show up, the mom had her son text  Kelly and tell us that they had other plans and were not coming! Now I have this huge pot of coffee, hot water for tea and a platter of cookies and I guess they will be bagged up and poured out! I have to be frank and just say it was in poor taste not to call sooner! I will have to think hard on inviting her over again!The mom kept telling her son, to tell Kelly to let us know she was going to be stopping by, when I asked her to nail down a more specific town, she couldn't. So I graciously invited her over for coffee! And the worse thing about it all, Kelly is so struggling with drowsiness from the pain meds and never napped this afternoon, now she is beyond wiped out! And hugely disappointed! She has just gone to bed! The good news, as I write this Kate Lynn has made nice work of the cookies! Well, I will try not to be too judgemental and we will see what happens! Besides now I can got church and know the house is spotless and the yard is raked tomorrow! Unlike most everybody else, there will be no Superbowl here! Trust me we are sad too, not hugely because the Patriots aren't in it, but we like to watch any ways! I guess I might go have a cup of tea...or two...or three...

No comments:

Post a Comment