IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, February 3, 2011

Me and My One Eye!

Oh  Dear! What a day! We recieved Shawn's first check today! Horray, right? We go to Winn Dixie to cash it, it is in my name as I am Shawn's reppayee, I also have an expired license! Something I never considered! How could I, I didn't have the money to get one today and then I couldn't cash the check, to get the license to have the ID, I needed to cash the check! Shawn's friend went with me to pay for my license to be switched over to Alabama, then I could cash the check and then pay him back....right? No! Because I have 20/20 vision in my right eye, AND 20/300 in the left eye (yes, you read that right!) and no I do NOT wear glasses, they do not work! So then I am told I have to go to an Optomitrist! Shawn pulls into the first one he sees, I have NO sense of humor at this point, because I certianly do not have the money for this and I suspect I will be making an appointment for March! The Optomitrist thinks I am the funniest thing he has seen in a while, all the while offering me his number so that he can be forwarned when I will be on the road driving, with my blind self. At that time he didn't understand how blind myself was! Shawn's friend finding some humor in this graciously pays the $70 eye test fee and I find myself  in the eye chair! He goes about testing my vision and asking me all about my history. (Still giggling!) He tells me he understands why glasses will not work and neither will surgery, but he has a neat idea, very excited for himself, he is going to special order one high (because of the 300!) contact lense! I will wear the ONE contact lense for a week and then go back to be tested with it, to see if it is working! He fills out my license form, with NO driving restrictions! I go back and hand the form to the very perplexed Probate officer, he was struggling to understand how in less than an hour could I have been tested, and have a contact lens that would fix the problem and according to the Doctor, there could be a possibility with the ONE lense my 20/300 vision would be more like 20/30 or so! But I hadn't worn the lense to prove it true or not, it will be in in a week or so! Rather than argue with me, I was given my Alabama license! And after 4 hours we were finally able to cash the checks and pay back Shawn's friend!  I guess we should have expected something like this! It is simply how things have gone! I knew the day was going to be an interesting day, this morning I was struggling with panic attacks, Kelly was home from school sick and Kate Lynn was a bit edgy! As I write this we are all feeling a bit better! We spent the night watching "Despicable Me". We needed a little funny in our day!As it goes, I will be mailing back $10 anonomously to the DMV, they gave us back too much change!And Shawn's disability is all set and that means we are getting back on our feet! Despite the roller coaster day, we have much to be thankfully for! It is said the Lord works in mysterious ways, I believe that with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment