IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shamrock Cookies

I  managed to keep my eyes open today! I am very tired now though. Tomorrow will be just as busy, I have lots of cooking and baking to do! Tomorrow is St. Patrick's day! We bought most of what I will need, tomorrow morning I have to try my luck at another grocery store to find things I could not find at my nearby store. First thing to be done in the morning is baking soda bread and making the potatoes for the potato pancakes! I bought ten pounds of potatoes, and believe it or not I am hoping that will be enough! I have potato pancakes, Potato Leek soup and Colcannon to make, yep I think ten pounds will do it! If you do not like potatoes then you would not to be here tomorrow, if you do...well, we will have potatoes! Unlike most of you, there will be no corned beef and cabbage here! 2 reasons why; we do not eat red meat! and 2 because years ago we set out to try and set out an authentic Irish meal on St. Patrick's day.  I have gotten many of my recipes off line. There have been some good meals and one that we would rather not relive! I believe I have a pretty set meal, however I try something new every year. The biggest hurrdle has been finding a dessert.Most of the desserts I have found have Baileys Irish whiskey or rubbharb, neither are our favorites! Tomorrow we will have sugar cookies with shamrocks, thanks to Pillsbury!

No comments:

Post a Comment