IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, March 25, 2011

Learning to Live in the South

This morning I finished the house cleaning and pawned off the painting of the pantry on Kate Lynn. Do not let her kid you,  she loved it! Shawn and I spent the better part of the afternoon at Ricky's working on his truck, with limited success. When we returned home Kate Lynn gave us the awesome news that the carpet guys were here and measured our bedrooms. We were not even sure how the landlord was following up on our complaints about the conditions of the rugs. We are very excited we are receiving new carpets! The old ones look like someone rebuilt a car engine on them! NASTY! The house is truly coming together! I feel badly for Ricky, his truck simply is not running well despite all the efforts! On another note, Kelly is struggling in her English class, she is doing quite poorly and is very upset. I have been in contact with her teacher and am hopeful we can improve things for Kelly in the short amount of time we have! I was fearful her grades would drop due to the move, however this is a little much. Keep it in prayer that we can get things improved. Over all we are adjusting well here. There are most definately things that I struggle with here in the South. The prejudism is huge and it drives me crazy and makes me sad! The driving is aweful! The crime in our area is at times quite concerning! Kate Lynn was stopped today by an undercover police officer when he saw her out walking. Last night we had another shooting in the area, 4th in 2 days. We try to mind our own buisness and be good neighbors. No matter what the color of your skin, it makes no difference to us! The weather has been quite unusual for me, but I am loving it! Overall the good outweighs the bad! I believe in all my heart that this move was right!

No comments:

Post a Comment