IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, December 17, 2010

A typical family night!

After deciding to just hunker down for the weekend, everyone relaxed fairly quickly! Just the idea of not running around all day, everyday makes for a happier family! Tonight we had a lovely laundry folding party! The girls decided to take advantage of us being in one place until the 27th by putting their clothes away in the dresser!  We have thoroughly organized our little room! We even have hung a couple Christmas stockings and set out the little ceramic church with a candle in it, Kelly had found it for me before we left North Conway! Tonight we will be settling in to watch Horton hears a Who, with hot chocolate and microwave popcorn! Now I have discussed our microwave culinary experience in short before, but let me tell you I have gotten pretty good at this microwave cooking thing! If you time things just right you can actually eat a hot meal! Portions are important!! I have figured out that is I cook for the girls first, while they are eating I can cook Shawn and my meal. We eat the same thing usually, to keep the family dinner time as typical as possible! Allow me to describe tonight's dinner for you...
Balsamic Rosemary pork roast, by Hormel-found in your meat section all ready cooked, always check the date!
Minute Rice microwave single serve rice pilaf-Not quite like cook top, but good!
Canned peas-canned works better with timing! We are usually frozen veggie eaters, however frozen takes too long and screws up the whole timing of the meal!
For dessert we always try to have fruit. Quick side story. We had some apples (2 types) and tangerines as well as some dark chocolate. I have been feeling pretty bad for house keeping. There are 4 of us basically living here, we clean up but are always looking for clean towels  (think 2 teenage girls!) and coffee. Any ways, feeling bad for housekeeping and not being able to leave a monetary tip, I left a note for them to take some fruit and chocolates, they did...all of it! :) LOL! But because tonight seemed like we needed it, I bought some of those single serve Ben and Jerry's ice cream cups! Fudge brownie sundaes!
So maybe or night isn't so different than that of some of you!
Well, Horton hears a Who will be on in just a few minutes, so I have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment