IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's been a day!!

If there was a day I just wanted to throw in the towel, today would be it!! From the onset the day started out just wrong! If it were not for Beth at Family Promise and her very kind help, I think I would have just sat in the truck, in some parking lot and just cried! First there was no money on our EBT card, then the landlord we had been talking with and whom seemed so agreeable backed out,  if it couldn't get more crappy the Salvation Army wouldn't agree to let us stay at their shelter! Beth directed us to another agency that might assist us with 1st month rent and the security deposit, so I am re looking at every single rental that we have looked at all over again!! Maybe, just maybe someone will give us break and give us a shot! Let's face it, when a prospective renter says they have no income yet, that is not the first person you want to rent to! We are hoping and praying for that 1 landlord who will agree to trust that Shawn's disability will be in and that I will be working by the time our next months rent is due! I will say every single time I think that for sure we will be sleeping in the truck, God provides us with someplace! Even when we are being very grumpy! My faith is still strong, God knows I can be impatient and can get grouchy! Good thing he looks past it, forgives me and provides for all of us despite my stinky attitude! And for everyone who believes that there simply has to be shelters readily available for homeless families, there are NOT! And for those who believe we have more options than those we have said, there are NONE! And if you believe that we could have found a better way to deal with this or improve our situation, you are WRONG! And worse yet, for those who think it would be better if we separate our family, and the girls and I try one thing and Shawn another, that will NEVER happen! Please, before you decide to judge us, let me remind you that unless you walk a mile in our shoes you will never completely understand. No one ever chooses this, it happens and it can happen to anyone!!Tonight we are back at the Ramada, courtesy of Family Promise and perhaps on Friday we may be at an extended stay hotel for a week.Tomorrow we enroll Kelly into high school,yay! And we just keep plugging away at rentals and job applications! Please, keep praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment