IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, December 17, 2010

Discouragment starts the day!

So lately the typical day has us in one place for 2 days and then we are repacking the truck to hanging out. Today we will repack the truck and head over to look at a place for rent at 11am. Then at one Point I think we will connect with Beth to see were we might be landing tonight. We then see another place for rent at 1pm. Today my hope and prayer is that I will receive a call about a job and my bigger prayer is that at the first place for rent, that the owner will be moved and his heart softened that he will allow us to move in! Every time I say that my heart is filled with trepidation!Some discouraging words form Beth this morning,as I write this she called. There is no room in any of the extended stay hotels. The agency is paying for another week here, then it is off to the shelter.Now there is nothing wrong with us staying put, however, microwave meals use up food stamps much quicker than anything else! Compare prices of prepackaged food to fresh and fresh food is much cheaper! She doesn't believe that we are going to be able to convince any landlord to rent to us until we can show finances. And in reality that puts us off renting until the beginning of February! I can not even how concerned or discouraged that makes me feel. Another shot in the dark, there is another Baptist church here that has a town house, Beth is hoping that they might be persuaded to let us use it until we get settled somewhere, she didn't sound hopeful! One huge issue we are having is that most people are getting ready for Christmas and simply do not have the time or want to make the time to deal with us. What employer wants to do interviewing when they are coping with a busy holiday season? What landlord wants to chance renting to someone with out an income right away,  they have just spent oodles on their Christmas and they need income coming in? While everyone is focused on their Christmas we have to stay focused on bettering our situation. There will be no Christmas for us!  On Christmas eve while most folks are finishing Holiday prep and shopping, maybe traveling we most likely will be settling into a shelter! Today Beth asked if Montgomery was really the place we wanted to be? What can I say? We have invested so much into this whole thing and have all ready gone through the steps to get Kelly into school what else could we consider? This morning I am feeling very disheartened! You can see how discouraged we are all getting, the girls are fighting more, Kate Lynn's temper is flaring and Shawn would sell a kidney to get cigarettes! I am not without my faults, but I try to have just 1 bad day a week and then just push forward! What else can I do? Well I guess I need to go see what today has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment