IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, December 23, 2010

Another Day!

It's just another day!Our big thrill is doing the laundry! I'm telling ya, I know you are all jealous! I suspect that for everyone running around taking care of household stuff, kid stuff, work stuff and Christmas stuff  you are wishing that you could trade a few of my days with yours! Trust me when I say we wish we could have the craziness you are all dealing with. Let's face it, that is part of the Holidays! I don't mean I miss the big PreChristmas house cleaning or the family squabbles! I do miss the rush to get the cookies baked, the food prepped, the tree trimmed and the presents wrapped! Nothing quite feels like Christmas morning than sitting amid a pile of wrapping paper, drinking coffee and trying to see how everything works and getting  the batteries in things for the kids, so they will leave you alone for a minute! On a usual Christmas morning for us; the girls would move the Wise men to the Nativity (they would have been "walking" around the house since the 1st of December,following the "Star") and I will be taking baby Jesus out from his waiting place and placing him with Mary in the Nativity. We would light the Advent wreath and read scripture, then we light a memory candle in honor of those who aren't with us (either because they have passed or they are fighting for our Country) and then  we would briefly pray. The girls then dig through their stockings! Usually at that point Shawn would be making coffee an I would be setting up the cinnamon roll plate. I realize I am being a little sentimental! So I guess I had better suck it  up and be grateful for what we do have!

No comments:

Post a Comment