IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Sunday, December 19, 2010

It's looking abit like Christmas!

Shawn and I did take a stroll, it is sunny and in the 50's. Nice day! It was nice to get out of the room! We found a lovely pine tree on an empty lot along the way, so on our way back to the room we stopped and trimmed a fluffy branch! Once we got it back to the room and situated it in the ice bucket it seemed a little lonely! Kate Lynn went back out and found some more branches! Before putting the branches in the bucket, I placed our ceramic advent wreath on top. The wreath is adorned with children from around the world and the words of advent are engraved on it; Love, Hope, Joy and Peace. We have hope facing out!We dug through our Christmas ornaments and found the smallest ones, including our teeny Christmas pickle and a tiny star!To finish the look we placed a scarf around the base of the ice bucket and a large ornament depicting the wise men! It looks fairly pretty!  I can't say the Christmas feeling is warmly felt here, but we are making every attempt to keep Christmas alive here! As a parent I can not tell you quite how it feels knowing I am unable to give the girls presents this year! The girls are trying to be understanding, all the comments that if they had a home for Christmas make my heart very sad! I am doubtful we will be even giving them that! I am very thankful that they are not real young and still believe in Santa Claus! There will be no focus on the material aspect of the Holiday,it will be more a day of prayer and reflection! Not even a large holiday meal! OK enough of the gloom! It does look a little more like Christmas!
(I will down load photos when I can!)

No comments:

Post a Comment