IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, December 23, 2010

Maybe?!

This afternoon, while enjoying my crankiness, I received a call. There is this wonderful gentleman,Bill,from a Methodist church down here who has all ready found us some furniture and given me some job leads. Bill called to follow up with me,making sure I had made calls to the other folks whose names he gave me and to see if we had a place, yet! I reassured I had made the calls, but no luck with the house . He wished me luck and then hung up, only to call me back within five minutes. He found out another member of his church has rental property and gave me that gentleman's number. (This is a patten for us, I call this person, who gives me number of another person, who then gives me another number...) I called that gentleman, Frank. He his aware of our situation and would like to see us out of the hotel and into a place of our own. We go tomorrow to meet with him and look at the inside of the house. We have all ready driven by it and walked around the outside. The neighborhood doesn't seem bad. Having said that,Shawn and I had just had this discussion about how we have been looking in certain areas and avoiding other areas. No, we do not want to live in an area were we have to worry nonstop about crime or other issues. But when did we become so darn snobby?? Maybe not only do we have to start over in faith but in humility as well. We are homeless for goodness sake! If someone offers us a house, 3 bedrooms, 1 bath and HUGE yard in a neighborhood not in our top picking and we say no, then we are fools! Now I am all too aware that we have allowed ourselves to think we have gotten a place before, only to be pretty disappointed. We are praying with all our hearts that God will soften Franks heart even more and that we will be given the chance to rent this house! The huge draw to the house, besides it being a house!, Shawn's disability would cover the cost of rent and at least partial utilities! How wonderful would that be?! My only other hope is that 1 of the many places I have applied for work at, will call me.  Then I would be able to tell you all that we are truly STARTING OVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment