IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, May 13, 2011

Fiday The 13th

Sorry about the late post, the blog site was doing some maintenance. It is an interesting Friday the 13th: We were woken up this morning to another SWATT team raid, neighbors on the other side this time. Not sure what happened there, however it sounded a whole lot more serious than the pot situation like the neighbors to the left of us. Keeps things interesting! It is another hot and very humid day. Shawn is procrastinating the whole pile of projects we have to do. I may give him today and try harder to see what we can get done this weekend. Kelly is off at the park with friends and Kate Lynn is scrubbing the old grout of the shower. Actually at this point she is the only one doing anything productive! In my defense, I finished some touch up on her walls, did dishes, took care of a load of laundry, washed the dog and some general cleaning! When she is done, re grouting the shower is on the to do list for sure! That is the big plans for the weekend, painting, grouting and some more painting! I have to mention one thing before I forget! Over a year ago the church we were attending in New Hampshire had a problem, a deacon of the church had sexually molested  a 12 year old girl there. To make a long story short; her family were close friends with the guy involved and his family, they agreed to just have him apologize and promise not to do it again! (Good grief!). The Minister and other elders became aware of the situation and attempted to counsel the victim's family to press charges. The police caught wind of it and arrested the Minister and elders for not reporting the crime. They were sentenced probation and paid fines. The church was destroyed, families were devastated. But these two families stayed friends and life went on as usual. While we were still there, this guy actually got up in front of the church and announced his guilt. That was the last day I went to that church! The young lady involved was a very good friend of Kelly's, she had stayed at our house many nights. That Sunday morning when I left, I saw this poor young lady sitting all alone, while this guy made his announcement. I could not have been more angry! I even called the police and made some inquiries! I mean how can they arrest so many people and still not have charged any one with a crime? And by him making this announcement in front of all those people, were we now just as guilty as the Minister and elders? Where I am going with this, On May 10th this guy was arrested, he faces 10 to 30 years in prison. It took over a year, but justice has finally happened. Now maybe this young lady will gain some peace and knowledge that what happened to her is never OK! This situation has upset me from the very begining. My thoughts and prayers are for that young lady! I hope she is loved, supported and so very much cared about!
On a  brighter note, I hope and pray you all have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment