IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Friday, May 20, 2011

Clearing my Head

It is 1am and instead of sleeping, I am instead coping with an all out panic attack! My struggle with anxiety is no secret. I work hard to manage it and all my stress, being human it sometimes kicks my butt. I have had only a few issues with panic attacks, since being here. I believe tonight's is in direct connection with the girls getting ready to leave. Can you imagine any Mom struggling with anxiety when her kids leave the nest...! I want my girls to know that I am so very proud of them! And I will not think of them leaving,instead I will think of it as them moving onto bigger and better things! That is truly what they are doing! After managing some of the physical aspects of the panic attack, I came into the living room and read my bible. As I often do, I let the Lord show me what I needed to read and I found a lot of comfort in His word tonight! This is what he showed me tonight:;  Psalm 138: 3- As soon as I pray, you answer me, you encourage me by giving me strength.  8-The Lord- will work out a plan for my life-for your faithful love endures forever. Don't abandon me,for you made me.  139: 23- Search me O God, and know heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.
As you can see I skipped around and mentioned the verses that really touched my heart.If you have a bible I pray that you read Psalms 138 and 139. Or when you are feeling like you just want to see what God has to say to you, pray and ask him,open your bible, he will show you the words he wants you to read. I feel much better now! I so very much dislike these panic attacks. I wish I never had another one again! I say that when ever I have one and when I am least expecting it, one comes along! In the whole scheme of things they are a nuisance, but I will not allow them to become a huge problem. I have found a whole bunch of things that generally work to manage them, prayer is by far the very best tool for dealing with them! I thank you for letting me just come here and chat tonight and allowing me to share a message from God's word. Doing these things have helped me to refocus my thinking as well! Before I head to bed I may go sit on the porch and just soak up some cool air! Maybe a cup of spearmint tea, while I am out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment