IT"S ALL GOOD!

Even among the hardest trials, if at the end of the day we are still a family, It's all good!







Thursday, May 5, 2011

Busy, Busy

After spending a few hours working on the septic we had to relent and call our landlord  to have him send a professional. The septic guy came and was able to fix it pretty quickly!! Thank the Lord!! During the time we were waiting for him to come we puttered around the house. Shawn mudded a whole bunch of walls, we have to have Kate Lynn's walls all done before Tuesday, when the new carpet is installed. I spent the afternoon completely restoring the coffee table. We were given a fabulous 1950's boomerang table when we moved in here. It had been very poorly refinished, I sanded it down right to its original finish. I thin put 3 layers of clear coat on it, waiting between coats to allow dry time. It came out way better than I could have imagined and I am very proud of it!! Shawn's friend Ricky came by for a visit, so the girls and I took the opportunity to go to the library and grocery shopping. It has been a good day! Tomorrow we start the finishing painting project in Kate Lynn's room. Shawn and I are working to have the house  completely painted inside by the beginning of next month.We presently have no cable, deciding to use the monies to better our living space. We are very excited to see it completed! Now to figure out how to keep the neighbors from coming over to borrow Shawn for their various projects. I told him I am tempted to make him t-shirts that read "for rent". Everyone in the neighborhood knows Mr. Shawn fixes things and they all come by to ask him for a favor!  Right now I am pretty tuckered out after our busy day! I hope you all have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment